<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Very Techie Weekend 

Back home now, entertaining my daughter and her boyfriend. Enjoy chatting about tech stuff, football &etc. with the guy. Also a Midwestern Jewish conservative Republican. Pretty dang good. He's reading the Wall Street Journal now. A keeper, I think.

While being angry at the situation in my incumbent job I had a look at SQL Server and T-SQL, which I last investigated in 2010. Much better in Windows 7, not Vista. Following along in WROX Beginning T-SQL is suddenly easy. Much like long stale Unix skizzles, I am doing better after several years of not doing anything with the stuff. Anyways, this is going to be a leisure time activity while I sweat my nads off at work, but something to pick at as I go forward into the wonderful world of senility and getting my ass out of the current situation.

Girlfriend doesn't like me splitting my time between my house and work location, but will have to work this out in the future. She's a keeper too. Introduced me to NASCAR.

Labels: , , , ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?