<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 08, 2008

My kid landed here yesterday from her 5 weeks in Israel. Also, we picked her up and took her home, too, always a good idea in parenting. Hasn't stopped talking since. The paintball impacts still visible, and she'll crash sometime today. Then off to the wonderful world of college admissions, after Tish B'Av this weekend.

Very bad performance from our technical support on my incumbent program this week. I'm about to sign on to the latest hot new platform probably middle of next year, and that's going to be a wrenching change from being King of the Hill on this platform, or at least Hank Hill. Reasoning that it will be a long, though haul through the common error messages of the new platform and DBMS, the last decade in front of the tube and taking my kid here and there and flopping down on a barstool may not put me in the best stead for this task, I took a run today. Haven't done that in nigh onto 40 years. Because I basically hate it. Anyway, pant, wheeze I'm back on the interweb. Excuse me coughs up part of a lung. Much better now.

Also, when slumping back home from said run, there was this chick running in my direction. Closer, she got, closer with every step. It looked like a local version of Erica. Man, I've gotta devote more time to martinis.

Labels: , , , ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?