<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The house guest is OK. The lad has a lot going for himself. Of course, these kids are teenagers so I will bear with that, to a reasonable degree. Also, my daughter seems to be gravitating to techies a little more lately, so I can pass judgement on their techitude, dude. And techiness is a fine proxy for manliness.

Localboy is a nice guy, probably would be a nice application programmer in runofthemill industrial production shops of the 60's - 80's. Those days are gone, so don't know what that means any more. A nice guy but won't set the woild on fire. The houseguest is quite a guy, mostly self-taught, the best way. Pretty sharp. Damn ambitious. Whoa, boy! Let me see those SAT scores and credit ratings!

Actually, the best minds of tech I've seen lately have looked at college costs, compared it to what they can rake in, and vamoosed for Pre-Med or other environs. I can't blame 'em. I think this batch didn't get the memo.

Anyway, it's keeping me busy.

Labels: ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?