<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

This is the first time in my professional career I've considered quitting the job before lining up another one. Have considered talking to my manager but see no way to get back to what I was hired to do. And the top priority now is so far from my skill set I don't see any way to go but spoon feeding, certainly in the near future. It doesn't make sense they'd keep me and I don't see a future in this kind of work if I were to become proficient.

It made financial sense to accept this job. I have flexibility in looking for work since the house is paid off and the kid is pretty much on scholarship. Hate to throw in the towell, and I'm not doing that yet. But can't see the point in struggling along in a job that has obviously changed to the point where I never would have been considered for it if the current requirements were originally posted.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?