<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 20, 2008



Last night at the Martini place no Indians game, so Starman was playing on the tube. Missed that one, with Karen Allen. Didn't miss much, except for Karen, whom I like. She's held up well, too. Accomplished the Waffle House today. Major reason for bringing it up here: supply Cappy with a steady stream of hash browns. They are still available locally, but are a rapidly vanishing commodity. Now I'm immobilized for the rest of the day. Good move putting it in Eastlake. A lot more convenient than way out on the West Side. Just down the street from my favorite minor league team. You guessed it. The Lake County Captains. Also not far from the site of the big GE Lighting Order Entry Reorg rewrite of 1984, in which I played a prominent, and shikker role. I may have fallen up the stairs, and may have had to shave my tongue the next day, but damn, I could still fix the friggin' code! Also in business across from CaptainSQL Stadium, Beanie's, our local bar of choice at the time. For hanging out after Neutron Jack completely raped the department.

On the way home I saw an open house for a condo. This was the first one I've seen that could actually house the Fortress of Database Excellence. One day, soon, my daughter will be in college, relieving me of the need to hold down the fort in this school district. Home improvements here are in two categories; those needing professional help, and those that get mightily interrupted until I need professional help. So this was a good idea to visit said condo. It would be about an even trade for my house in terms of cost and living space.

Labels: , ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?