<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

24 hours have passed since I finally slumped in to my favorite bar. As you can tell from the previous posts and lack thereof, boy, did I ever need it. Tommy Bartender was pinch hitting as maitre d, and ambled in now and then to have a look at his Yankees as us normal people waited for the Indians to show up. Looks like the Tribe used it's monthly allocation of hits in yesterdays game. While waiting for said Tribegame we turned our attentions to some mid-'60's artsy-fartsy black and white movie (no pun intended) with Sidney Portier and Anne Bancroft. He was manning (can I say that now?) some suicide hot line and she was going nuts. That got us around to the discussion: who was hotter, Anne Bancroft or Suzanne Pleshette? I think Suzy would have been more fun. Anne Bancroft had a lot more sophisitcated veneer (can I say that too?), one that only a woman that has learned of love at the hands of Mel Brooks can have.

Tommy Barkeep let loose that he's looking to move the wife and Bambino out to the Hinterlands of Solon. That drew a dirty look from Winegirl, she of the P.C. persuasion, probably of the belief that all must go down with the sinking ship of the People's Republic of Cleveland Heights. It also drew a hearty accolade (I can use that one, can't I?) from your's truly, along with the warning that the little rugrat had damn well be perfect. I mean, they kill the imperfect ones in Solon. I mean, it's just not natural that kids that smart kick ass in all sports too.

Too much Kumbiyah on TV now. Don't care about Obama. If we're stupid enough to elect him, you'll have Cleveland as your model for the next four years. And I don't mean the cartoon character on Family Guy.

Labels: , , , , ,


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?