<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 17, 2004

They'll Do It Every Time!
(with a tip of the DBA hat to Jimmy Hatlo)
Without fail there will be a stinko crisis at the very last possible minute, literally, before a major event in your life. I picked up the phone at work, despite the posting below as I was on the way out. Our ever trusty secondary (and I use the term liberally) technology had erased the file systems for two of my test instances. Don't laugh, this has happened repeatedly! This is before I'm out for a major life event for my daughter (see below). Then the guy reporting it noticed he was looking at the wrong server.

I'm now safely in the CaptainSQL Batcave, a hardened bunker three stories below. And I'll be showering off the flop sweat for the next hour.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?