<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I'm more coherent now, I think. The weekend is closing down, and my daughter will go back to her mom soon. We covered a lot of things that needed coverage. I discusses further schooling with her. It's pretty creepy talking about High School to a 12 year old. I don't think they should normally need that much information. But all the kids where the asshat judge remanded her are talking about private high school waiting lists, and she needs to know where she stands.

She stands to do damn well locally. She's smart and the high school here has all the AP courses she can handle. And I need to prevent the mess my friend ran into at the end of support. If I can't do that, I need to make sure she knows what is going on, without bad-mouthing mom. Third part fuckwads, on the other hand, are targets.

While she was shopping I browsed through the latest issue of MAD Magazine. It's pathetic what advertising and color printing have done to the American Institution.

Cappy has been irritable, and will continue to be so for the next week. I'm having a medical procedure a week from Monday. It's a normal procedure if you are planning to become an old geezer. But I'll be out of commission for a couple of days. This violates Gregg's Law of Systems Development: Always Work. Never Leave. So be it. After more than a score of years in IS this is going to happen from time to time. And you will take the lumps for it.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?