<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 11, 2004

Thank you for your support. Now drop dead.
A friend of mine is nearing the end of child support. It's close to one thousand hours. His daughter has been accepted into college. Suddenly. of course, the mom turns out her pockets and pleads poverty when it comes to helping with college.

So, after years of trying to fire her dad as dad, it comes to the point of asking a man who has been villified for years for help. I don't know what the result will be. But this is far from the first case with which I'm familiar, where the kids get kicked out of the house when the support stops.

Note this disclaimer: I don't know if this will be the case for my daughter. This seems to be pretty common practice among mothers. There has been a lot of effort expended to attack me, everyone I know, everyone I did know and will know to my daughter. I resent those attacks. I don't know if they will have an impact on her. But I am growing less patient with any attitude resulting from the attacks. If a situation similar to that of my friend does occur, I don't know if I would be as receptive as he is to further financial assistance.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?