<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 24, 2004

I love tuckpointing. That's about the only thing I can get done without massive assembly of (the wrong) parts. And it's my lesiure time home repair hobby. My place is brick, and I've done a good job of keeping the front steps from disintegrating, even if they now look as if they've been visited by a friendly dragon with a bad case of the runs.

This ties into my theory of guys. Guys are either software or hardware guys. If you're in software, your first allegiance is to your pager. Any hardware job will fail due to lack of sustained effort. If you are into hardware you do not have the time to keep current on software. I know a programmer who is actually older than me. That's pretty old. He does a great job keeping his cars on the road. They are as old as the technology he supports.

And that's the way it is.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?