<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 24, 2004

Home Improvements
How does a techie guy like me with bigtime DBA responsibilities, keeping the time with his kid, find time in his busy schedule to fix the house? Well, he doesn't. Repairs take a painfully slow pace here. The rule of thumb is if I can't get it done in an hour, I don't start it. Any longer term project leaves the place in a mess, and causes more cost than if I got a contractor for it in the first place.

That said, this year's project is "The Doors". I've planed the closet door for my kid's closet, fixed the door to my room and the bathroom door, and rehinged the door to the second floor. Working with so many of the unhinged, it's nice when I can rehinge something. If only I could rehinge people!

The two worst are getting replaced, the one to my daughter's room, and the outside door for the office.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?